PROBABLY THE MOST VERSATILE SMALL SAILBOAT EVER
- Versatile choice of rig options.
- From beginner to club racer.
- Ideal for young solo beginners.
- Space for two crew.
- Can be set up with one sail or a main and jib.
- Choice of Dacron or Mylar sail.
- Exceptionally stable.
- Easy to handle.
- Very robust, maintenance free TRILAM construction
- WORLD SAILING (ISAF) Learn To Sail Class.
- As used by Sunsail, Mark Warner, Neilson and RYA OnBoard.
- Internationally Award Winning design.
VERSATILE AND GREAT FUN TO SAIL
The TOPAZ SYSTEM comes with a choice of rig options so the boat can be set up to suit you. The TOPAZ SYSTEM hull comfortably holds two people of any size so can be sailed singlehanded or as a two person dinghy.
The TOPAZ ‘UNO PLUS’ is the most popular rig option and one of our best sellers. The UNO PLUS offers great value as a simple one or two person boat. It is easy to handle and very robust. This rig option provides a great introduction to sailing as well as being an ideal multi-purpose family dinghy.
The TOPAZ ‘RACE PLUS’ rig offers extra performance with the use of a more powerful 6.9m2 fully-battened Mylar mainsail.
The TOPAZ ‘RACE X’ rig is for more experienced sailors featuring the addition of a 9.0m2 asymmetric gennaker. The Yachts and Yachting test concludes that the Race X will deliver “seriously fast sailing for the club sailor right through to a professional sailor. The asymmetric system is simple, easy to use and easy to rig and takes the boat to yet another level only found in boats costing twice the retail price”.
The TOPAZ ‘TRES’ rig offers a great introduction to trapeze and asymmetric sailing. The Yachts and Yachting test states “Once the kite is up, the Tres fairly shoots away. Reaching performance is truly in the apparent wind sailing league”.
- Roomy self draining cockpit holds two people of any size.
- Lightweight, high buoyancy hull suitable for young singlehander up to adult and child.
- Great value one or two person sailboat.
- Unbeatable versatility for a boat at this price point.
- Tried and tested resilient Topper components.
- Topaz TRILAM construction gives unrivalled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, and stiffness.
- Topaz TRILAM construction is incredibly durable and virtually maintenance free.
THE ‘UNO PLUS’ RIG FEATURES
- Reefable mainsail which allows power to be controlled depending on conditions and user ability.
- Inverted leech making it easier to control for newcomers.
- 2-piece mast and simple rig means the boat is easy to assemble.
- The 1.75m2 jib is bigger than competitors designs offering fun sailing for children and adults alike.
THE ‘RACE X’ RIG FEATURES
- Powerful yet controllable 6.9m2 fully-battened Mylar mainsail, 1.75m2 Dacron jib AND full-on 9m2 asymmetric gennaker.
THE ‘RACE PLUS’ RIG FEATURES
- Powerful yet controllable 6.9m2 fully-battened Mylar mainsail and 1.75m2 Dacron jib.
THE ‘TRES X’ RIG FEATURES
- Non-tapered sealed mast with a hinged mast foot that can be rigged singlehandedly.
- Big roach, fully battened mainsail and high aspect ratio jib.
- Retracting pole and single-line hoist and drop Gennaker System.
- Optional Trapeze.
- Gnav System and centre mainsheet cascade for added cockpit space.